filebrowser columns not resizable ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jan 14 21:37:33 GMT 2022

Hi,

since quite some time I cannot adjust the width of the columns in the
filebrowser anymore. So now to make the name column wide enough so that I can
read the full name I have to make the file browser very wide. Before I could
just make the name column wide.
Is there a reason why this has been changed ?
I made the columns locally resizable
header->setSectionResizeMode(QHeaderView::Interactive);

Are there objections against such a change ?
This could also be a configurable option.
This way, when starting, the first time the columns are quite small. Any
preferences how to handle this ?
I could just set some initial width, or some width from QFontMetrics, or save
the width in the config, or something else ?

Alex