Functionality overlapping -> Command Plate and Editor Command

slbtty shenlebantongying at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 23:30:58 GMT 2022

Since someday, we can use Ctrl+Alt+I to open a Command Plate, and it
seems overlapping with Kate's original Editor Command[1].

A little disadvantage of the Command Plate is that it cannot pass
arguments. However, the Command Plate is somehow universal in the land
of KDE now. Maybe we can create more menu actions to let the Command
Plate find them and replace editor command entirely?

I don't know if it is fruitful to let command plate get extra
arguments from user input.

[1] https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kate/katepart/advanced-editing-tools-commandline.html

slbtty