Some questions regarding LSP integration

Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io) christoph at cullmann.io
Thu Feb 10 14:24:51 GMT 2022

On 2022-02-10 14:47, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 at 00:55, Waqar Ahmed <waqar.17a at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Implementing basic CMake support. One of the features is to
>> automatically copy the compile_commands.json file to the root dir of
>> the project from the "active" build directory / cmake preset. This
>> will solve the problem for all cmake based projects.
>>
>> >  According to the clangd documentation it's currently not possible to
>> tell clangd where the compile_commands.json file is. Correct ?
>
> wild guess: isn't that the idea of the "rootIndicationFileNames" field?

Or you just symlink the compile_commands to your src dir, you will need
that anyways to have other command line tooling work out of the box
like clang-format and Co.

That is one reason we propose to use kdesrc-build for beginners,
as described on

https://kate-editor.org/build-it/

as with the proposed options there it will link all stuff
in a way that if you open the projects in Kate clangd and
Co. will just work out of the box.