How can i make kate behaviour go back to normal?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 17:41:22 GMT 2022

On Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2022 16:38:02 CET Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io)
wrote:
> On 2022-12-11 13:58, Waqar Ahmed wrote:
> >> It's funny how you argue that a modal dialog is bad
> >
> > What's funny? And where did I say it's bad? You misunderstand things.
> >
> >> completely overlay the main view with a settings view .
> >
> > I suggest you go and explore how it works first.
> >
> > But just for your info: you can open the settings in a split or a new
> > mainWindow for e.g. It just integrates a lot better. You can use the
> > same shortcuts that you use to switch tabs (alt-left/right) to switch
> > between views. We'll improve the integration even more moving forward.
>
> Hi,
>
> we streamlined the UI to use close to zero dialogs and only inline
> widgets.

since I'm following the kwrite-devel list (as you can see... ;-) ), I don't
remember seeing this being discussed here on the list. Did I just miss it or
are these things discussed somewhere else, maybe in merge reguests now ?

Alex