Issues with Kate (Smaller monitors and 2/1 laptops that use scaling)

Christoffer TallerĂ¥s christalleras at posteo.net
Thu Sep 30 18:20:59 BST 2021

Hey, I imagine you don't have all the resources in the world. But I
felt that Kate is the editor that fits my preferences the most.

Unfortunately I have few issues besides that the kate project haven't
fully finished changing up the branding from kwrite, which is kind of
confusing not knowing the project and looking it up on flathub and so
on.

But my main issue is that i use a surface 2/1 laptop/tablet thing that
I have Linux on. That means that I have to use 200% scaling to have it
be functional.

Unfortunately the kate/kwrite app doesn't work that well with scaling,
and much more of a problem is the windows that are opened in settings
and stuff. They aren't possible to make smaller by like rezising the
window by clicking and dragging the edges, don't have a scrolling bar
which makes so I have to rotate my tablet so that the tablet auto-
rotates the screen so that I am able to click the bottom buttons.

A majority of users will not have the same problem as me, but I thought
to make you aware of it. Probably good portion of people in school and
stuff that will have a similar issue with Kate.

And I don't imagine it's that much of an issue to fix if the resources
are available.

--
With regards,

Christoffer TallerĂ¥s