Search and replace help

Kåre Särs kare.sars at mailbox.org
Tue May 25 20:12:15 BST 2021

Hello Spiro,

On tisdag 25 maj 2021 kl. 12:50:38 EEST S T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking through forums and mailing lists but couldn't find a
> solution, so I am trying here. When using "search and replace" plugin it
> used to output found files (text) with paths relative to projects folder.
> Now, after a computer reboot it shows paths as absolute. It used to be:
> 6.439 matches (6.439 checked) found in project Ticket_3080
> (C:/Users/spiro/OneDrive - spiro/Ticket_handling/JIRAs/Ticket_3080/)
> /Ticket_3080/Ticket_3080.txt: 34
> /Ticket_3080/Ticket_3080.txt.bak: 34
> /Ticket_3080/blade_00/main/configurationViewer/Overview.txt: 90
> /Ticket_3080/blade_00/main/managedObject/mom-dump.txt: 90
> And now it looks like this:
> 6.439 matches (6.439 checked) found in project Ticket_3080
> (C:/Users/spiro/OneDrive - spiro/Ticket_handling/JIRAs/Ticket_3080/)
> /C:/Users/spiro/OneDrive -
> spiro/Ticket_handling/JIRAs/Ticket_3080/Ticket_3080.txt: 34
> /C:/Users/spiro/OneDrive -
> spiro/Ticket_handling/JIRAs/Ticket_3080/Ticket_3080.txt.bak: 34
> /C:/Users/spiro/OneDrive -
> spiro/Ticket_handling/JIRAs/Ticket_3080/blade_00/main/configurationViewer/O
> verview.txt: 90 /C:/Users/spiro/OneDrive -
> spiro/Ticket_handling/JIRAs/Ticket_3080/blade_00/main/managedObject/mom-dum
> p.txt: 90 ...
> In order to view the results, I need to stretch search and replace sidebar
> to half the screen. It is the same for "project" search as well as "open
> files", "current file" search.

For Kate 21.04 the search plugin went through a reworking of how the results
are gathered and displayed together with the speed optimization.

The file path has indeed changed from relative to the project/search folder to
absolute... I don't remember this being intentional, but I would like to hear
opinions from the team: Should we go back to removing the common path?

The copy clipboard could still use the full path...

> .kateproject file looks like:
> {
>   "name": "Ticket_3080"
>   ,"index": true
>   ,"files": [ { "recursive": 1 } ]
> }
> And was the same before.
>
> Kate version is 21.04.0:
> KDE Frameworks 5.81.0
> Qt 5.15.2 (built against 5.15.2)
> The windows windowing system
>
> This is installed through Microsoft store on Windows 10 Enterprise.
>
> This happened after a weekend reboot so I am unsure what Win/Kate version it
> was before.
>
> Is there a way to check/change search and replace plugin settings to have it
> display relative paths? Possibly even change the font, as the one used is
> very stretched out so it makes it even wider.

There is no option for this and I'm not sure if we need one, but we need to
decide if we should go back to relative paths...

The font should now be the same as the font in the editor window.

Regards,
  Kåre