RTL and LTR in Kate Editor

Maxim Romanov maxim.romanov at univie.ac.at
Tue May 25 15:47:40 BST 2021

Greetings,

I have tried everything to find the answer, but to no avail, so I am writing here, with hope for an answer. By default, lines of text with an RTL language (say, Arabic) are automatically switched to RTL, and lines with LTR language (say, English) are automatically shown in LTR. In my document I have mixed lines and I want to be able to determine myself whether to use RTL or LTR. How can I do this? (Namely, switch the entire document into RTL or LTR mode).

Please, CC me in your answer.

I deeply appreciate your help, best regards,
Maxim
Dr. Maxim Romanov, PhD in Near Eastern Studies (2013, U Michigan)
W: https://maximromanov.github.io/ | E: romanov.maxim at gmail.com
• Universitätassistent für Digital Humanities, Institut für Geschichte
  Universität Wien | Universitätsring 1 | 1010 Wien | E: maxim.romanov at univie.ac.at
  W: http://ifg.univie.ac.at/en/about-us/staff/digital-humanities/maxim-romanov/;
• Senior Research Fellow at “Knowledge, Information Technology, and the Arabic Book”
  (KITAB, an ERC-Project), led by Dr. Sarah Savant | Aga Khan University, ISMC (London)