Where are Kate configuration files?

Terry Scheingeld tscheingeld32 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:20:12 GMT 2020

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I've searched my machine and
I've looked for answers online, and darned if I can figure this out. Where
does Kate save my settings? Specifically, where does it store my user
settings for syntax highlighting? I can edit the syntax files
in ~/.local/share/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax, but that doesn't
affect the colors that I set in Settings → Configure Kate → Open/Save →
Fonts & Colors → Highlighting Text Styles. Where are those settings stored?

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS. Kate Version 17.12.3.