Building `ktexteditor` locally

Alex Turbov i.zaufi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 23:16:56 GMT 2020

Hi devs,

I'm trying to build `ktexteditor` repo locally and install it to the
`~/.kde.devel` prefix. However, I'm getting error on `make install`:

-- Installing:
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.policy
CMake Error at src/cmake_install.cmake:143 (file):
 file INSTALL cannot copy file
 "/home/exher/work/KDE/ktexteditor/master/build/src/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.policy"

"/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.kde.ktexteditor.katetextbuffer.policy":
 Permission denied.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 cmake_install.cmake:77 (include)

Obviously smth goes wrong and some files for some reason wanted to be
installed system-wide. I guess it's a bug, cuz I told explicitly where I
want to install it.

How do you build it locally for development purposes?

Thank you for your advice.