D29789: Make text always align with font base line

Xuetian Weng noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 17 18:28:48 BST 2020

xuetianweng added a comment.

  In D29789#672335 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29789#672335>, @dhaumann wrote:

  > I like this patch. In fact, I observed over the past years again and again that sometimes, especially if chinese or similar letters are included, the baseline is wrong in Kate, leading to much more overpainting that needed.
  >  If this patch fixes this, then I'm all for it. Or let's put it like this: The current implementation is wrong, this patch looks less wrong than the current state :-)
  >
  > +1

  Actually if this patch is accepted, we may then want to add a configurable multiplier on line height  instead of enable variable lineheight support to resolve the character clip issue.
  Background painting to fill the gap to cover extra gap between line is probably easier and safer to implement.

  Equal line height would look better anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor