Can you turn off automatic text highlighting based on selection in Kate?

joe vallino jjvallino at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:50:55 BST 2020

I tried building kate based on:  https://kate-editor.org/build-it/#linux
but cmake failed on the Qt5Widgets package:
------------------------------
[jvallino at mep build]$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/kde/usr \
>   -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=~/kde/usr
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Looking for __GLIBC__
-- Looking for __GLIBC__ - found
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Success
-- Could not set up the appstream test. appstreamcli is missing.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:39 (find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5Widgets" that is
  compatible with requested version "5.10.0".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib64/cmake/Qt5Widgets/Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake, version: 5.9.7
    /lib64/cmake/Qt5Widgets/Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake, version: 5.9.7

See also "/home/jvallino/kde/kate/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
When I installed the dependencies it installed  libQt5Widgets.so.5()(64bit)
for package: qt5-qtbase-devel-5.9.7-2.el7.x86_64, but cmake doesn't seem to
like that version.

I'm running this on the head of a small computational cluster, and my
primary objective is "Don't break it", so I mostly avoid updating things.
I'm not sure why it didn't install something compatible with version
5.10.0, but I'm open to suggestions.

thanks for you help
-joe