D25339: KateRenderer: Use representitive character in CJK to estimate the fontHeight.

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 4 18:47:06 BST 2020

rjvbb requested changes to this revision.
rjvbb added a comment.

  I can't speak for the special cases where this change would improve matters, but for me it introduces a clear regression (waste of vertical space: 12 lines less) in a basic ascii code editing context. Font used is Ubuntu Mono 10pt.

  F8284297: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8284297>

  Granted, the current display (left) is a tad crowded but I actually like it like that for code editing. For reading prose it might be too much, but that's hardly the domain of application for a text editing framework.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor