kate stopped warning about changed files (but only C++ files)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Mar 2 21:45:19 GMT 2020

On Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020 17:18:05 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El diumenge, 23 de febrer de 2020, a les 13:43:00 CET, Dominik Haumann va
escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > facts:
> > - the feature is there on purpose and useful to many users (other editors
> > do the same)
>
> Lots of people may like this behaviour, but I think it goes against the
> principle of least surprise. Sometimes a file changes externally and kate
> shows a dialog, sometimes it does not, and as far as i can see that
> behaviour is not documented anywhere, so why would anyone think it's a
> feature and not a bug?

Just a question: Why are you "suddenly" tripping over this? That feature has
been supported in Kate for years already. And to my knowledge you are the
first one to complain (at least so loudly).

Potentially you have always compiled everything from sources but didn't have
libgit2 installed? So maybe the easiest way is to just uninstall libgit2
again? Or at least disable its usage *at compile time* in ktexteditor? No GUI
needed then :)

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff