D27533: [WIP] Add MarkInterfaceV2, to s/QPixmap/QIcon/g for symbols of marks

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 22 08:18:41 GMT 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  In D27533#615478 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27533#615478>, @dhaumann wrote:

  > Still, I wonder whether we should postpone adding the MarkInterfaceV2 until the KF6 branch. Then we have it properly fixed in KF6.

  KF5 will stay around for a few more years though, if we compare to kdelibs3 & kdelibs4 life times. So IMHO it would be good/nice to already now allow more crisp symbols on the border (and in the default popup menu, which reuses the symbols passed, so right now the pixmap, again scaling to another size). Even more with SVG icons being the default now, so we can render as close as possible.

  The code I wrote did not feel like such a bummer, and the patch for Kate could perhaps just bump the required min version and spare the #if/#else. At time of porting it will be just an adaption of MarkInterfaceV2 back to MarkInterface on the client side. Merging MarkInterfaceV2 into MarkInterface in KTextEditor should also be simple work done in a few minutes, so no real technical debt added IMHO, compared to achieving a crisp symbol border.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor