Moving selected lines

Bernardo Tacca bernardo.tacca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 10:36:06 GMT 2019

Hello,

I am using Kate v.3.3.4 (KDE 4.3.4) and I cannot upgrade it because it is
part of my office PC environment. I see in v.4.11 there is the Multi-Line
Text editing feature, tha would solve my problem.

Actually I do not need to do multi-line text editing, but just add spaces
on multiple lines at once. That is, I would like to be able to move a block
of lines on the right: now I go to INS BLOCK mode, then select the lines
and move the mouse keeping the central button pressed. This actually copy
the selected lines, not move them.

Can you please help me? Thanks.

Bernardo