Dynamically load symbols into syntax highlighter

Bradley Dufresne btd at thermoanalytics.com
Wed May 22 15:30:11 BST 2019

Hello.  I have a kTextEditor integrated into my application.  I would like to support syntax highlighting with the standard highlighting files, but additionally I would like to dynamically introduce my own symbols to be highlighted as well.  Does anyone know if there is public interface available on kTextEditor to do this (I haven't been able to find one in the documentation or source)?  If that's not built-in functionality, is there public interface to access a QTextDocument or similar in order to additionally apply my own QSyntaxHighlight?