D19491: generic config interface

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 5 19:29:19 GMT 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  I think breaking the config files is just as bad ;=)

  After we have converted all things, we might even support exporting/importing the complete document/view/render global config to from other formats like json using the "nice" keys, as we can just write a small load/store routine for that.

  I think such a thing was wanted long ago, too, to transfer the settings somewhere (or store per project) without ini file hassle.

  Just one extra key per entry is really not hard, you do that once per setting.

  I would not introduce a second one for the CamelCaseStyle variable thought.
  If we need that, I would just CamelCase the tab-width style name. That is easily automated in code.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor