D19283: try to improve painting height for text lines - bug 403868 avoid to cut _ and other parts still broken: double height things like mixed english/arab, see bug 404713

Thomas Schöps noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 1 12:03:11 GMT 2019

thomassc added a comment.

  > If you keep the overpainting, you will just overpaint the next line partially with it, that won't help that much, IMHO.
  >
  > Take a look at bug 404713.

  I totally agree, but this is a different issue that is out of scope here as far as I see. Bugs 403868 and 403470 can and should be fixed by the proposed line height change. This will not fix the other bugs 404713 and 404907 though, which are a different issue and unaffected by this. Thus I think that the overpainting workaround should be kept until a better solution is found for the latter bugs.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor