Help with the tab bar

Gareth garethic at exemail.com.au
Sun Jun 9 17:39:05 BST 2019

Hi,

I've been using kate since my first install of kubuntu in 2013. Pretty
cool!

One thing I would love to revert to though, is the behaviour of the tab
bar. In K 13 & 14 the tabs would squash together as more files were
opened, yet the titles were readable & of course their positions never
changed. Since then, the tabs are too big & the overflow mechanism
really doesn't work for me: I'll select a file & lose the one I was just
working on into the overflow. And then lose another one.

Currently I'm on Kub 18. Can I just download a deb I've found for the K
14 version, mark it to not upgrade? Or is there another, better way to
get back that behaviour? Because I really, really miss it - the
disruption to my work flow is significant. And the round tabs &
highlighting. Really miss those.

Anyway, Cheers. Thanks for the great work!