D21699: Add action to reset ui color scheme to the kde default one

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 10 19:14:54 BST 2019

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D21699#477395 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21699#477395>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Very close! Since this is branched from master and it's a new feature with new strings, it will land on master, which will become 19.08.0

  Okay.

  > As for the UI, I think what might be a bit more elegant is rather than making this an explicit action, instead add a new radio button entry to the top of the menu named `Default color scheme (<name of theme>)`. If that's technically difficult or you're against it though, I won't die on that hill. It's just a recommendation. :)

  The problem with that approach is that there will be two actions which do the same thing, in two different way:

  - The action that's added by KColorSchemeManager (which adds an action for each available color scheme), and which we use to write the setting to katerc
  - The action that resets the color scheme, i.e. makes kate follow the kde color scheme

  It would be a bit confusing. I think of the new action added by this patch as a "Defaults" button in any of the kcm modules, just resetting a setting to the default value.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate