D22574: Re-map default "Switch input mode" shortcut to not confict with konsolepart
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 20 02:54:50 BST 2019
ngraham created this revision.
Herald added projects: Kate, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kde-frameworks-devel, kwrite-devel.
ngraham requested review of this revision.
kateview's "Switch input mode" feature is currently bound to [Ctrl] + [⇧] + [V] This
causes two problems:
1. When the embedded konsolepart is visible, both it and Kate claim the same shortcu so neither works
2. At other times, it's easily possible to accidentally enter vi mode when you mean to paste due to residual muscle memory from having pasted test in Konsole recently
For these reasons, this patch changes the default shortcut to [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [V], which
is also kind of more elegant anyway since it now uses the [Alt] key and triggers
alternate input modes.
2. Open Kate
3. Hit [Ctrl] + [⇧] + [V] and see that nothing happens
4. Copy some text
5. Open embedded Konsole and paste text with [Ctrl] + [⇧] + [V] and see that it works
6. Hit [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [V] and see that it enters vi mode
remap-change-input-mode-shortcut (branched from master)
Cc: kwrite-devel, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, sbergeron, domson, michaelh, ngraham, bruns, demsking, cullmann, sars, dhaumann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KWrite-Devel