D21876: When loading a session always load the "open recent" list

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 8 19:58:39 BST 2019

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D21876#492438 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21876#492438>, @cullmann wrote:

  > First: I think the save/loadOpenRecent makes sense.
  >  But I would call them in both read and saveProperties. Then one doesn't need to touch the code paths for "restore with window config" at all.

  > For the the code in the session manager: why not just a loop over the existing main windows for the else case that das a loadOpenRecent?

  loadSession

  In D21876#492438 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21876#492438>, @cullmann wrote:

  > First: I think the save/loadOpenRecent makes sense.
  >  But I would call them in both read and saveProperties. Then one doesn't need to touch the code paths for "restore with window config" at all.

  Of course.

  > For the the code in the session manager: why not just a loop over the existing main windows for the else case that das a loadOpenRecent?

  When opening kate with -n or -s, loadSession() may be called before any KateMainWindow objects have been created, so we have to check and create one before calling loadOpenRecent. I'll change the patch to loop over the existing main windows if there are any.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate