D17693: DocumentPrivate: Treat some chars also as "auto bracket" only when we have a selection

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 23 20:21:18 GMT 2019

mwolff added a comment.

  can you say what this exactly does? from reading the code and the somewhat vague commit message, it makes me believe that when I have anything selected and then press e.g. `?` the selection becomes wrapped in two `?` - is that right? when would we ever want this?

  and if we only want this for, say, markdown, then it should be a per-highlightfile list of chars that trigger this special behavior. In C++ e.g. I would hate if I couldn't just select code and replace it by an operator anymore, e.g. if I have `foo + bar` and I select the `+ bar` part and then start typing `- asdf`, would I now suddenly get `foo -+ bar- asdf`?!

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor