D18125: KateStatusBar: Add dictionary button

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 21 05:53:33 GMT 2019

loh.tar added a comment.

  > m_dictionaryGroup->checkedAction() might be null.

  Oops! Thanks.

  > For the naming: Given we show the encodings with their short-names, too, I can live with de_DE or stuff like that.

  Is it OK to add some cutting like that? Currently is that extra stuff shown

  - en-wo_accents -> en
  - en_AU-variant_0 -> en_AU

  > For the overhead: I would like to have this optional and disabled per default, that avoids all that work in cursorPositionChanged()
  >  Just like we do for word count/...

  Hm, would be nice I could do this in an extra patch. At best after my "general config interface idea" (where I have nothing tried to do as of now)
  Did you do some perf tests or simiar, is it so much extra work?
  Ideas to reduce the overhead?