D17459: SearchBar: Add Cancel button to stop long running tasks

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 20 12:46:25 GMT 2019

cullmann accepted this revision.
cullmann added a comment.

  I played with the current state.

  I like it ;=)

  That the button "Cancel" spans over both "Replace/Find All" things is not bad in my eyes,

  This fixes the issue of "Kate/KWrite/... must be killed on long replace operations".

  What I would like to have further, now that some "batching" code is there: Try to apply it for the normal search, too.

  e.g. if you search for some word in a large file, the GUI might block "long" even during typing, if no early match is found.

  But that is a separate issue.

  loh.tar, are you interested in that challenge, too?
  Given you are now more "into" the searching code.

  Btw., here all unit tests pass (beside the Qt 5.12 breackage of kateindenttest_testCppstyle)

  I will land this, to have it tested by "all" people :=)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor