D17949: ViewPrivate: Make applyWordWrap() more comfortable
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 16 06:17:56 GMT 2019
loh.tar added a comment.
Interesting. Didn't know that such function exist. Well, it may help to read the handbook...
Is there no GUI way to access such stuff? "Read the handbook" lala...
Well, word/text wrapping is a field which has many room for improvements.
- Adjust as block by inserting spaces at "smart" places to avoid ugly holes in the overall appearance
- Wrap/split the word, not only text at a space. IIRC Is that somewhere done in Kate, or was there a function in Sonnet which offer that(?)
- Your smart solution to allow in rare cases to extend the desired width
- Probably some more I didn't know
- Keep the indent: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=135737
- Keep the indent and the "semantic", e.g. "Is comment" or "Is citation (like in e-mails)" https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=369049
As some of you know, I talk often about the latter two issues and I'm willing to fix that.
The first three are really nice but more like the candy after the necessary lunch.
To: loh.tar, #ktexteditor, mwolff
Cc: dhaumann, cullmann, mwolff, kwrite-devel, kde-frameworks-devel, #ktexteditor, hase, michaelh, ngraham, bruns, demsking, sars
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KWrite-Devel