D10621: Highlighting Indexer: list of suggestions

jonathan poelen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 10 02:03:14 GMT 2019

jpoelen added a comment.

  I agree that some rules are excessive or even false, but the last time I watched (it was several months ago now), some regexes suggested to be DetectString seemed to have writing errors (mainly `\\` count as 2 characters in xml) and some more or less useful propositions. If there has been no change at this level, it should still be checked.

  Actually, I came to the conclusion that the parser himself could make some changes on the fly. For example, DetectChar/Detect2Chars are specializations of DetectString and the concatenation of regexes could be automatic, which would make most checks obsolete. There would be only suggestions to turn a Regex into something else, but it is much easier using an AST rather than a very slobbery regexes.

  Finally, this commit will never make a complete list without false positives, especially since code reviews filter out such errors. We can abandon it.

  PS: this commit uses `attrToBool` as for the parser (if it has not changed) and adds 2 missing `return false`. I do not have time to take care of it at the moment.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting