D18117: DocManager: Don't show empty popup

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 9 05:56:00 GMT 2019

loh.tar added a comment.

  > we can just skip the messaging always, we have always inline messages, I think that would be ok

  very well, will remove that too

  > we should just set openSuccess to false if we have an doc->openingError() and the document is empty

  I think this not sufficient. These "openingError()" is somewhere used to change the document icon. So I believe there is a need to change this to an (u)int value, 0=good, 1=someTrouble, 3=seriousProblem=orphaned

  This way someone can have in a document overview a hint that at some docs is something odd. This pic is taken after a session restore. It's my own (not finished) plugin, other looks similar.
  F6536953: 1547010852.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6536953>

  - Here is the gone foo file in a visible view. There was also a "New File" inline message which disappear quickly [1]. So I like to fix this that this "Not Exist" message is inline and not (only) the "New File"
  - The testfile has the "to big trouble" issue.

  To solve this all we need a solution in D18116 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18116>/KateBuffer::openFile

  [1] I had Dominik pointed D16336 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16336> that this message stuff need love, but got no response

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate