D17949: ViewPrivate: Make applyWordWrap() more comfortable

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 3 20:34:39 GMT 2019

loh.tar created this revision.
loh.tar added a reviewer: KTextEditor.
Herald added projects: Kate, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kde-frameworks-devel, kwrite-devel.
loh.tar requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  - Don't wrap entire document when nothing is selected but wrap current line
  - Join paragraph before wrap to avoid odd result

  TODO Update "What this" hint
  This patch may conflict with D17128 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17128>, but because that need anyway some more love
  I like to offer this one now, to fetch some feedback.

  As always fresh and poor tested. But I think it is a handy improvement and seems
  to work nicely. As you know I have often mention not so lovely things about the
  wrap feature and there are a couple of bug reports.

  This patch address not all aspects but should be a step in the right direction.

TEST PLAN
  My arbitrary choose test data.

  1aaaaa  aaaa aaaa aaaaaaa
  2aa aaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa aaa  aaaa aaaa aaaaaaa aa
  3aaaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaa aaaa aaaa aaaaaaa aa
  4aaaaa  aaaa aaaa aaaaaaa aa
  5aaa  aaaa aaaa aaaaaaa aa aaaa aaaaaaa aa aaaaaaa

  1-----  ---- ---- -------
  2-- ------- ------ ------- ---  ---- ---- ------- --
  3-------- ------- ------- ------ ------- --------- -------- -------- ----- ----- ---- ---- ------- --
  4-----  ---- ---- ------- --
  5---  ---- ---- ------- -- ---- ------- -- -------

  1xxxxx  xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx
  2xx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx  xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xx
  3xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xx
  4xxxxx  xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xx
  5xxx  xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xx xxxx xxxxxxx xx xxxxxxx

  Before
  F6523470: 1546546614.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6523470>
  With Patch
  F6523471: 1546546403.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6523471>