D19283: try to improve painting height for text lines - bug 403868 avoid to cut _ and other parts still broken: double height things like mixed english/arab, see bug 404713

Thomas Schöps noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 28 20:57:03 GMT 2019

thomassc added a comment.

  > We trade one bug for another. Which one is worse?

  Without having had a detailed look, it seems to me like the problem reported by @rjvbb might be caused by the removal of the workaround with the second drawing passes in this commit (the changes in src/view/kateviewinternal.cpp), which probably results in more issues with oversized characters. This is independent from the other change (in src/render/katerenderer.cpp), which adapts the line height and fixes the bug with the bottom of lines being cut off. So, one might try to revert the removal of the second drawing passes, but keep the change to the line heights.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor