D19254: [RFC] KateRenderer: Show tabs and space characters the smart way

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 23 17:15:47 GMT 2019

dhaumann added a comment.

  I think this, since it removes visual clutter. I think this should be configurable...

  Question is how to properly add an option in the config widget, since in the code I can see that this feature changes several options: tabs + trailing spaces + nonprintable chars.
  One way would be to turn the checkable options into tri-state comboboxes: Show trailing spaces [Always, In Current Line and Selection, Never]

  Pushing this further, it would maybe be interesting to "Show indentation lines" only for the current block.

  PS: Better naming for `foobar` ? :-)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor