Deleted all my info

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 17:35:02 GMT 2019

Number one: if you can, stop using that computer (use another one) until you
get better advice -- using your computer can overwrite space that used to
contain files and make it impossible to restore them (not sure it is possible
anyway).

What command(s) did you use to remove kate?  Did you use an apt, apt-get, or
similar command or did you use a command like rm?

Don't hold out much hope of recovering that information -- there may be ways,
but I haven't used any of them on LInux in many years (and, iirc, they weren't
very useful then.