D17971: Revive External Tools plugin
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 4 13:54:46 GMT 2019
dhaumann added a comment.
- Output "Replace Current Document": works fine. Idea: restore cursor position after operation.
- Given the document usually changed afterwards, "restoring the cursor position" is pretty much undefined, and almost never correct...
- Display in Pane: Working on it
- Make tools available by default: I don't want to clutter the user with hundreds of tools. That's why I proposed the "Template". In general, I am not a big fan of adding everything "just because we can".
- Copy existing tool: Noted, makes sense
- Working directory if empty: fixed
- The leading triple slsahes are not wanted, need to do more QUrl voodoo
- Auto quoting: Currently I use `KShell::splitArgs(m_tool->arguments)` to get a list that I can pass to the QProcess. I assumed that this is correct in mooooost of the cases. Do we really want to have manual work here? Where is your bug? ;)
- ideas for later: git, select a branch: I don't have plans to extend a general purpose tool (external tools) into something that needs a lot of special handling. If you have a general purpose solution, fine, otherwise: wish rejected.
To: dhaumann, cullmann, gregormi
Cc: brauch, pino, ngraham, kwrite-devel, hase, michaelh, demsking, cullmann, sars, dhaumann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KWrite-Devel