Open Header plugin for OCaml

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Mon Dec 30 19:42:49 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-29 21:43, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>> My idea what to adapt the Open Header to do the job done in
>> PluginKateOpenHeader::slotOpenHeader() for sources/headers also for
>> OCaml implementations/interfaces, and mention .ml/.mli in UI strings &
>> documentation. The work done is not really difficult, I have most of
>> locally already.
>>
>> Before I go ahead and push it, is there anything wrong in the approach
>> I took?
>
> Hi,
>
> No, I think that is the way to go.
>
> Using ocaml sometimes, too, this sounds like a nice enhancement.
Hi,

I thought about a different way to tackle this with a more "generic"
approach:

We could:

1) Get the list of all files in the same dir that match the current
basename with any extension

2) Get the syntax highlighting definition for each of these files (and
our original one) via the matching KSyntaxHighlighting function

3) Then open the file that has the same definition than the original
file

This should work for any language that has pairs of XX.foo XX.bar files.

Btw., I see you have taken care of the changes in OCaml Merlin ;=)

Nice!

I need to work on OCaml stuff at company, too.