No completion for words starting with dollar sign

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Fri Dec 13 18:20:52 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-13 13:40, Yuri Klopovsky wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Long-time Kate user.
>
> Currently on version 19.12.0.
>
> I must start by saying thank you for making such an great editor.
>
> A couple of versions ago. Can't pinpoint exactly when. Kate stopped
> doing word completion for strings that start with '$' symbol. Not a
> big deal with C/C++, but pretty annoying if you have to write a lot of
> Bash, Perl or PHP.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 	* What's up with that? =)
> 	* Is there an xml file somewhere to control this behavior?

I think I changes something sometime ago for this.

See ktexteditor.git

https://phabricator.kde.org/D23410

commit:

commit 8d0f6ff8014cdf32be6410efa184a968ce53525a
Author: Christoph Cullmann <cullmann at kde.org>
Date:   Sun Aug 25 11:51:48 2019 +0200

     improve word completion to use highlighting to detect word
boundaries

     BUG: 360340

     Test Plan:
     Open some Perl script.

     Type:

     lala_test = 1

     $lala = 2

     Now type

     $lal

     You shall now get only "lala" as proposal

     Reviewers: dhaumann

     Reviewed By: dhaumann

     Subscribers: kwrite-devel, kde-frameworks-devel

     Tags: #kate, #frameworks

     Differential Revision: https://phabricator.kde.org/D23410