D23457: Port regex search to QRegularExpression

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 10 21:11:25 GMT 2019

dhaumann added a comment.

  In D23457#574846 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23457#574846>, @ahmadsamir wrote:

  > Personally, I am not convinced replacing \s with [ \t], and deviating from PCRE default behaviour is a good idea in this case.

  That is not to be discussed, and Christoph tried to explain this already before.

  In short: If these issues don't get fixed to be compatible with previous behavior, this patch will not get merged. I'd be very much in favor of having the compatibility, since QRegularExpression is the way forward, but adding regressions is a big no-go and not up for discussion.

  We are maintaining Kate for close to 20 years now. We'd like to ask you to give us some trust in our decision.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor