D23034: implicit fallthough if there is fallthoughContext

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 9 08:33:56 BST 2019

dhaumann requested changes to this revision.
dhaumann added a comment.

  I like this change a lot, but there is a huge (theoretical) backwards compatibility issue with this.

  Before, the code ignored `fallthroughContext` if `m_fallthrough` was explicitly set to `false`. So you could have: fallghrough="false" fallthroughContext="abc", and fallthroughContext was ignored.
  Now this changed, and `m_fallthough` solely depends on whether `fallthroughContext` is a valid context or not other than `#stay`.

  My point is: For changes like this, we usually have to

  - increase the `version` number in the `*.xml` files
  - increase the `kateversion` from `5.0` to `5.62`?
  - Since we have `IncludeRules`, wouldn't we even need to increase the `kateversion` number of _all_ xml files to be on the safe side?

  I think these issues first need to be clarified before we can commit this.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting