D16054: POC: Show partial path in Tabswitcher Ctrl+Tab list to better identify files

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 8 22:52:40 BST 2018

gregormi added a comment.

  Hi Nate, you review faster than I can fill out the Reviewer field :-).

  Thanks for the MacOS comparison screenshot. At first glance, it looks a bit untidy to me *g*.

  This is how the Tabswitcher dialog in KDevelop looks like:

  F6313010: screenshot_20181008_234900.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6313010>

INLINE COMMENTS

> katequickopen.cpp:190-197
> +        QString url;
> +        if (!doc->url().isEmpty() && !doc->url().isLocalFile()) {
> +            url = doc->url().toString();
> +        } else {
> +            url = doc->url().toLocalFile();
> +

Unrelated for this POC. This tries to remove the file:/// prefix of open files compared to non-open files:

F6313000: screenshot_20181008_234254.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6313000>

Or is this intended?

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate