D16838: WIP S&R: Disable highlighting while replacing

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 12 15:43:11 GMT 2018

sars created this revision.
sars added a reviewer: Kate.
sars added a project: Kate.
Herald added a subscriber: kwrite-devel.
sars requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  If we have files with long lines, Kate becomes slow.

  One example where this is painful is with JSON and XML files that don't have newlines...

  I'm using search&replace to wrap these files and sometimes relatively small files might take over a minute to be wrapped. So I tried to disable highlighting and spellchecking and got much faster results.

  So this is a patch to disable at least the highlighting while replacing.

  Now I would like to hear what you think is the best way to tackle this... It feels a bit like a workaround...

TEST PLAN
  A file that took well over a minute to wrap now only takes ~20s

  Manually disabling spell checking brings it down even further (less than 10s)

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate

AFFECTED FILES
  addons/search/replace_matches.cpp