D16830: WIP: Tabbar: Add 'File Properties' menu item and three more (Rename, Delete and Compare)

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 12 04:14:44 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D16830#358090 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16830#358090>, @gregormi wrote:

  > Can you propose the exact place in the File menu where those items should be located? E.g. below "Print Preview"? Maybe in a submenu to avoid cluttering the top level? Maybe remove the separator above "Export as HTML..."?

  I'd put "Delete" towards the bottom of the menu with the other destructive actions with red icons. The other ones, yeah, could maybe go below Print Preview.

  In D16830#358090 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16830#358090>, @gregormi wrote:

  > What about adding a little menu icon for each tab to make the context menu to be accessed from there? Maybe even replace the Close icon by the new icon and add the shortcut Ctrl+W to the "Close document" menu item?

  That's an interesting idea, but we already have a much more standard way of ensuring that functionality is available: the main menu bar. :)

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate