D16819: Use 'Copy Path' instead of 'Copy Filename' consistently

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 11 15:08:41 GMT 2018

gregormi created this revision.
Herald added a project: Kate.
Herald added a subscriber: kwrite-devel.
gregormi requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  In the context menus in the Document Tree View and in the Project Plugin,
  adapt the caption of the menu item which copies the path to the file
  match the wording of the context menu of the Tab bar.

  Though 'filename' technically means filename including path, I think
  'Copy path' is more understandable (though it could mean 'copy the path
  of containing folder'). Do we have a common guideline here which term to
  use?

  In contrast to Kate's Tab bar, e.g. in the KDevelop's Tab bar the item
  is named 'Copy Filename' which also copies the filename including full
  path.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate

BRANCH
  my_copypath

AFFECTED FILES
  addons/filetree/katefiletree.cpp
  addons/project/kateprojecttreeviewcontextmenu.cpp