Kate running on Android

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Mar 28 12:21:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Kåre Särs <kare.sars at iki.fi> wrote:
> WOW!!!
>
> On tisdag 27 mars 2018 kl. 21:31:55 EEST Aleix Pol wrote:
>> Hey,
>> Here's a proof that Kate can run on Android. It uses the patches I've been
>> sending to the frameworks list, review there is very welcome.
>> If someone is interested say something :P
>
> That is really interesting! Kate uses a lot of frameworks and being able to
> compile Kate for android means that the frameworks also can be compiled. How
> have you compiled Kate? Custom script/CMake externals/Craft/...?
>

> Cheers!
>   Kåre

Using https://community.kde.org/Android/Environment_via_Container.

The process is pretty simple as it says here:
https://community.kde.org/Android/Environment_via_Container#Building_an_application

This command should just work:
docker run -ti --rm -v /tmp:/output kdeorg/android-sdk
/opt/helpers/build-generic kate

Leaving you an apk in /tmp.

Note that there's some patches to go in, please review. :P

Aleix