D14497: SymbolView: Add a plain-text-parser

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 31 14:42:09 BST 2018

loh.tar added a comment.

  Hello Dominik!

  > The public API is also available on api.kde.org in the KTextEditor framework:

  Thanks for these hint

  > ...it of course also makes sense to document internal API :)

  Nice try to saddle me more work ;-)
  Well, I may do it. But currently looks every part of these symbol-view very poor documented. So I think my new parser is in this point a step in the right direction.

  > ...we usually try to have excellent documentation there

  After a look there I found some issues which could be improved. But the "Report Bug Link" did not make me feel good, so I place it here, "off topic".

  - The layout miss on my screen some space between the longest "Parameter" name and its description e.g lineWrapped() looks like
    - Parameters
    - documentdocument which emitted this signal (missing space "document document")
    - position position where the wrap occurred

      I would prefer the description would avoid to repeat the parameter name, at least not start with, e.g
    - document Which emitted this signal
    - position Where the wrap occurred

  - The listed functions are not alphabetic ordered
  - The labels e.g. "signal" looks on my screen too small compared to the rest text
  - No "deprecated" label, I guess e.g. highlightingMode() is the "new" replacement for mode()
  - No reference from mode() -> highlightingMode()

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate