Synchronize vertical scrolling between two views

Quercia gqb8 at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:54:01 BST 2018

Thanks for the reply. I understand.

I play my last card :) and I will not insist anymore.

If someone ask for the vertical scrolling sync on the forum, on the mailing list and in general on the Web -- we can see how many requesters want that feature for another text editor: https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/6992 -- it means there are many more people who want it, but remain silent. It's sure that many would be happy :)

The most simple way is an option on the menu placed in "View > (below Split the view)" called "Sync vertical scroll": true or false. If true, all vertical scroll bars are synchronized. If false, the scroll bars remain independent just like now. It's a quick and simple solution: an option and a few lines of code in the scroll event.

Thank you in any case.