Synchronize vertical scrolling between two views

Quercia gqb8 at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:39:58 BST 2018

I love Kate. I thank all the developers so much.

It would be useful a very simple feature to implement: synchronize vertical scrolling between two views.

I think synchronization is better proportional. When a scroll bar is at the beginning the other one must be, when it is at the end, the other must also be, regardless of the possible different length. But an absolute synchronization is fine too.

Vim has this feature. It is useful when you have two text files in different languages, during a translation. Or to combine comments with a source code, but keeping them on a separate file (the source code and the comments), so you can have code comments in different languages.

Is it possible to implement it? Thank you for your attention.