D14451: Add Repo::formatFromId(), Definition::formatFromId() and ::formats()

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 29 12:45:19 BST 2018

dhaumann added a comment.

  Btw, thinking more about it: I believe we do want globally unique IDs for a very simple reason. Think of e.g. bracket matching where multiple Definitions are included (e.g.: <?php { /> html { <?php } />. For the last '}', we want to find the matching attribute '{'. With globally unique attributes, this is as easy as compaing IDs. With Definition local IDs, we also have to check the Definition and the attribute.

  So can we at least conclude that the global IDs are what we want?

  With respect to #includeRules-included a Definition 'X': The IDs from included 'X' are the same as the IDs from 'X' itself. So the Formats are reused. Why do you need a list of all included IDs at all? If the IDs are global, you simply don't care, right?

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting