D14408: SymbolView: Avoid unneeded update of current item

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 29 12:31:46 BST 2018

sars added a comment.

  We can have the slotRefreshSymbol() merging in a different patch.

  Starts to be ready for committing!

  I was going to say that the parseSymbols() function is very cheap compared to for example the mini-map updating, but hotspot did not agree ;) The mini-map is a bit more expensive and is updated 500 ms after the last edit.

  I wonder where the second parseSymbols() call comes from on startup, but when you just switch document you only get one parseSymbols() and one updateCurrTreeItem() which is good :)

  That said I don't think the user will notice an improvement in "performance" or battery time by making the timeout 1000ms in stead of 500. The user would notice tho that the update comes later and think/feel like it is slower and think Kate is just badly optimized ;)

  Remove the debug printouts and some of the unneeded comments and we are ready with this one :)