D14408: SymbolView: Avoid unneeded update of current item
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 26 19:56:15 BST 2018
loh.tar created this revision.
loh.tar added reviewers: Kate, sars.
Restricted Application added a project: Kate.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kwrite-devel.
loh.tar requested review of this revision.
...to reduce notably CPU use
- Increase cursor update delay timer 100->200ms
- Stop cursor delay timer when document is edited
- Remember the item/symbol boundaries
Compare CPU use with and without this patch.
I have it done the dumb/PI*thumb way:
- Start system activity and ensure its always visible
- Set sorting to CPU use and keep and eye there
- Open some file and move the cursor around, fast, semi fast, slower
- Type something, fast, semi fast, slow, super slow
- Watch espacially when you left some "Symbol Range"
The next (little) patch will reduse the CPU use once more. Could perhapse sqashed with this one.
To: loh.tar, #kate, sars
Cc: sars, kwrite-devel, #kate, michaelh, kevinapavew, ngraham, demsking, cullmann, dhaumann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KWrite-Devel