D9901: Search&Replace: Make exclude filter work on the relative subdirs

Alexander Neundorf noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 16 21:01:28 UTC 2018

neundorf added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9901#191667, @sars wrote:

  > According to my tests build* does work as expected, but build/* does not work. I'm actually a bit surprised that the latter works in "Project" mode.
  >
  > Basically this change would make it possible to exclude only directories with a "xxxx/*" pattern, at a the cost of a bit slower generation of the search-files-list as it would always iterates over the whole path+filename.

  First I also thought about the "a bit slower", but then, this is just filering the filenames, and afterwards the content of each file is read and searched, so I think it doesn't matter.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9901#192094, @sars wrote:

  > I did a quick test and the xxxx/ works, but at the same time I noticed that I do very similar filtering separately for the project plugin. I think I need to move the filtering to one function in FolderFilesList and maybe remove "Folder" from the class name...

  Are you saying that your first comment was wrong and the patch does indeed work as it should ?
  Without the patch only the filename is checked, so no directories.
  I also noticed that there is some duplication...

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate