D17730: [WIP] Review KateStatusBar (based on D17729)

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 27 07:08:43 GMT 2018

loh.tar updated this revision to Diff 48236.
loh.tar edited the summary of this revision.
loh.tar added a comment.

  - Only show lineColLabel context menu when click on it and not somewhere on the bar

  As "usual" without all other patches.

  > No idea how the spell-checking code handles that.

  I have a working solution in the meantime. I may open a new Diff for that.

  > I think it is useful, but now the statusbar is very full.
  >  Could we make that configurable via context menu? Like we have "Show line count", ... there?

  Should be possible. Will look at it. Your comment to the next question?

  > I would like the status bar to get cut (if the status bar is scrollable or not, I personally dont care)

  About "cut" I have ATM no idea how to do that, and I guess nobody would like that. A Scrollbar may possible and a somehow
   "auto-wrap" behaviour too

  > will it be hard to implement?

  Hard to say ;-) The auto-wrap should be the most tricky

  @cullmann Let me know how much stuff I can add here or have remove. There are many possibilities left, e.g.

  > How about to change the "action-labels" to buttons? Thisway would it be less "quirky" and we would have a feedback that there is an action available when hovered by mouse

  I will upload a "all in one" diff for a better overview

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17730?vs=48000&id=48236

AFFECTED FILES
  src/view/katestatusbar.cpp